Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, 15, passed away after suffering an allergy to a baguette
“Tashi, I enjoy you a lot, beloved. I’ll be with you quickly. I’ll be with you.”
These were latest things that Tanya Ednan-Laperouse spoke with her child, Natasha, who lay passing away 800 miles away in a healthcare facility in France.
Tanya’s hubby, Nadim, had actually put his cellphone on the pillow by their child’s ear when it emerged that the 15-year-old, who had actually suffered a devastating allergy after consuming a Pret a Manger baguette, was not going to live. “You’ve got to bid farewell to her now,” Nadim advised his partner, who was waiting at Stansted airport for a flight out to be at their child’s side. “Don’t waste time. She’s going to pass away any minute. State something. Do it today. She may hear it.”
Natasha’s moms and dads broke their silence on Saturday to expose their last minutes with their child after a five-day inquest that is anticipated to activate a significant shake-up in food security guidelines and the first aid of individuals suffering extreme allergies.
Coroner Dr San Cummings criticised the sandwich chain for cannot correctly alert consumers to possibly deadly irritants, alerting that its indications were “insufficient”.
In July 2016, Natasha, who was very adverse sesame, purchased an olive, tapenade and artichoke baguette from a Pret shop at Heathrow airport. It did not have any irritant suggestions on its wrapper since, as it was made on the properties, it was not needed by law.
Cummings stated he would be composing to the business and to Michael Gove , the secretary of state for environment, food and rural affairs, requiring an overhaul of the existing labelling system. Natasha’s household are now thinking about releasing a civil claim versus Pret.